40+ Franchises For Every Budget
There’s a good reason franchising is so popular among entrepreneurs: The risk that comes with starting any new venture is much lower when you have a proven business model and an in-demand product. Investing in a franchise means giving yourself a greater chance of success, because you have brand power and support behind you.
Many big-name franchises are notoriously expensive, but buying into a successful, established brand doesn’t have to cost millions, or even hundreds of thousands, of dollars. Though brands like McDonald’s or Pizza Hut may be out of reach, you could own a smaller but just as lucrative franchise for less than the cost of a sports car. On the other hand, if you have a larger amount of liquid cash, the franchise possibilities are endless.
For aspiring franchise owners with any size budget, here are more than 40 options with minimum initial investments ranging from less than $10,000 to upward of $1 million. [Franchising: Definition & Top Opportunities]
$10,000 (or less) to $24,999
- Bar-B-Clean: Bar-B-Clean offers residential and commercial customers a convenient, low-cost grill-cleaning solution. The service includes a deep cleaning of the interior and exterior of the grill, as well as a thorough inspection of the burner and ignition systems. There are currently eight Bar-B-Clean locations serving 17 territories throughout seven states. Franchise fees begin at $19,175.
- Java Dave’s Coffee: Java Dave’s Coffee offers a unique and affordable opportunity that’s a bit different from the traditional franchising model. For as little as $500, you can become a licensed Java Dave’s retailer for five full years in any type of space you choose, whether it’s a mall kiosk, a mobile unit or a full-fledged coffee shop. The basic licensing fee includes a selection of Java Dave’s products and recipes, corporate training and professional product branding. Larger packages ($2,495 to $3,495) include signage and equipment. While licensees have complete freedom over their store name, location and operating hours, they do need to finance their own physical retail space.
- Jazzercise: Love fitness and fun? Consider becoming a Jazzercise franchise owner. With studio space, sound equipment and a love of dance and great music, you can teach Jazzercise classes to your local community. Although opening your own Jazzercise fitness center requires an initial investment of about $9,200 plus ongoing royalties and insurance coverage, you can pay as little as $2,980 up front if you rent a public facility to teach your class.
- Tax Centers of America: Capitalize on tax season by opening your own Tax Centers of America franchise. The company provides annual training sessions to keep franchisees up to date on current tax-preparation laws and software.
$25,000 to $49,999
- Blue Moon Estate Sales: Since it started franchising in 2013, Blue Moon Estate Sales has become one of the leading estate-sales franchises in the country. The company’s estate-sales specialists help clients through every step of the estate-sale process to ease the stress and workload of an event few people ever plan for. With 11 locations currently open and operating in four states, Blue Moon Estate Sales specializes in residential, commercial and moving liquidation services. Estimated costs are about $25,000.
- Chem-Dry: This carpet cleaning company uses an all-natural, green-certified solution to clean carpets and upholstery. Chem-Dry franchises begin at $39,999 and go up to $139,500, depending on the equipment and van you choose.
- Doc Popcorn: Doc Popcorn is the largest retailer of popcorn in the world, with more than 80 units in 25 states. This popcorn franchise offers a flexible franchise system, allowing entrepreneurs to buy into the brand at a level that fits their budget. Depending on the model and location you choose, your total initial investment could be as low as $39,000.
- e2 Young Engineers: e² Young Engineerscombines education and entertainment to offer a variety of programs that can be used to teach STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) courses. Children who join the company’s educational community can learn arithmetic, physics, and mechanical and software engineering using Lego and K’nex assembly kits. The company currently has a presence in 17 countries, operates in more than 50 territories and has plans to open 50 franchises in the U.S. by the end of 2017. Fees range from $31,400 to $47,000.
- Fetch! Pet Care: Fetch! Pet Care is a nationwide provider of pet sitting and dog-walking services. Entrepreneurs who manage independent pet-sitting and dog-walking businesses through Fetch! receive training and support from both the company and its network of franchisees. Total costs range from $25,895 to $39,500.
- iLoveKickboxing: If you’ve ever dreamed of turning your passion for fitness into a business, opening an iLoveKickboxing location may be the right choice for you. This international company has lower overhead costs than a traditional gym because the only equipment you’ll need is matted floors and heavy bags.
- Molly Maid: Imported to the U.S. from Canada in 1984, Molly Maid allows franchise owners to operate an independent home-cleaning service in targeted markets across the country. Depending on the coverage area, initial franchise fees start at less than $45,000.
- N-Hance Wood Renewal: Founded in 2001, N-Hance Wood Renewal has more than 370 franchises in the U.S. and Canada. As part of the company’s national partnership with The Home Depot, it has a presence inside more than 1,550 stores nationwide. N-Hance uses its trademarked “Lightspeed instant curing system” for hardwood cabinets and floors, which provides one-day hardwood refinishing without dust, mess or odor. Fees range from $35,000 to $45,000.
- Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning: Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning offers green cleanings using a unique, low-moisture process. Oxi Fresh has been ranked in Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500, been featured in Inc. magazine’s Inc. 500|5000 and been recognized as one of “America’s Best Franchises to Buy” by Forbes. The company has more than 270 locations throughout the U.S. and Canada with more locations currently in development.
- ServiceMaster Clean: ServiceMaster Clean offers residential and commercial cleaning services, as well as disaster restoration for homes and businesses damaged by events like fires and floods.